Your Information Systems Security and Peace of Mind provider since 1991
Altrim Consulting Services
The world of Information Technology has become a much more hostile and dangerous place, and at the same time and critical resource for businesses of all sizes. With over 50 years of combined experience the team at Altrim Systems will provide you the peace of mind to grow your business without having to constantly worry your data security and availability, and compliance with various existing legislation, such as Canadian Privacy Laws (PIPEDA) and the new European Legislation (GDPR). These are concerns that businesses of all sizes need to be aware of plan around.
Were we do not have the expertise, for example in the legal arena, we have access to, and can recommend various options. But most important is to be aware of areas of weakness, non-compliance, and were improvements in your IT Infrastructure and operations can markedly improve security and business performance. That can often be measured directly on the bottom line.
Some of the areas we can help with improvement are:
- Are your systems secure and safe from hacking attacks and other forms of Malware
- Do you have adequate “End Point” protection on your network
- Do you have policies in place for employees regarding email, mobile devices, and accessing your network remotely
- Do you have a disaster recovery plan in place in case of data loss or compromise
Compliance with Security and Data Privacy Laws
- Are your systems and policies in compliance with current legislation, regarding data of customers, clients patients, etc.
- Are your marketing emails and other correspondence in compliance with SPAM rules and regulations
- The penalties for non-compliance can be very severe, even for small businesses. You really do have to have REASONABLE polices in place.
IT System Improvements
- Workflow improvements – For example are you entering supplier or customer data more than once into your ERP and CRM systems separately
- Are you taking advantage of the latest mobile technology and High Speed Internet access
- Is your cabling and on premise Infrastructure up to date, and transferring data at optimal throughput
- Are you taking advantage of the latest database technologies and reporting tools